
Tower captain: Kay Tuckwell
Practice night: No regular practices
Sunday ringing: No regular Sunday ringing
Toilet facilities: No
Church website: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/111/
Address: Parson’s Ln, Ewelme, Wallingford OX10 6HP
Popular with visitors and for weddings, the church and neighbouring almshouses and school (both also still in use) were built in the 1430’s on the instruction of Alice Chaucer, Duchess of Suffolk.
The bells are a mix of founders and ages which blend together very well. Visiting ringers are welcome, but note that requests to ring peals are not normally approved by the Rector due to the proximity of the almshouses.
At the opposite end of the village, there is a very welcoming pub + car park called the Shepherds Hut.
Bell | Date | Founder | Weight (cwt-qtrs-lbs) |
---|---|---|---|
Treble | 1950 | John Taylor & Co | 7-0-20 |
2 | 1702 | William & Robert Cor | 7-2-19 |
3 | c. 1500s | Unknown | 8-1-0 |
4 | Recast 1840 | W & J Taylor Oxford & Loughborough | 10-2-12 |
5 | 1631 | Ellis Knight of Reading “Love God” | 14-1-22 |
Tenor | Recast 1782 | “Thomas Janaway fecit” | 18-1-15 |